The Convertible Service Dog Leash was originally made for use by a guide-dog training center for service dogs, therapy dogs, etc. Since that time, it has become popular for both service dog and pet dog trainers as a versatile tool every dog handler should have. The multiple configurations of the Convertible Service Dog Leash makes it several leads in one. Both leashes can be worn for hands-free use and provide multiple configurations to address many different needs: place a loop over your shoulder to make a "hands-free" lead for large breeds, wear around your waist, clip to a belt loop, or clip one end to another loop to shorten the leash. Made from 5/8" Burgundy Latigo Leather with 2 bronze bolt snaps and 2 bronze rings.
The 5' long leash can be configured in three ways:
- 4' leash with a traditional handle
- 36" circumference loop with a 20" leash tab
- 54" circumference loop with a snap at the end for over-the-shoulder hands-free use.
This style is very popular with service dog trainers and for specialty training uses where a shorter leash is desired.
The longer 6.5' Extended Leash has additional rings allowing more configurations and options for hands-free use. This leash can be configured in four ways:
- 6' leash with a traditional handle
- 60" circumference loop with a 15" leash tab
- 48" circumference loop with a 30" leash tab
- 74" circumference loop with a snap at the end
Many trainers use this as an over-the-shoulder leash, allowing hands-free control with adequate leash length for unrestricted movement.
Pair with our Service Dog Ultimate Harness.